Last Update: January 24, 2024
Laivly provides a software platform that may leverage various technologies (such as Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA), depending on the use case / solution) to streamline our customers’ contact center operations by assisting our customers’ agents in responding to telephone, text, and email requests (the “Services”).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Collection And Use Of Personal Information
- Sharing Of Personal Information
- Information About Our Website
- Safeguards And Retention
- Access To Information
- Contact Us
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we Collect and Use Personal Information (PI) / Personal Identifiable Information (PII) on behalf of our Customers
The following are some examples of the Personal Information we may collect to provide the Services to our customers.
In the course of providing the Services to our customers, we may process limited Personal Information about our customers’ clients, personnel, or other authorized users of the Services as set out below.
- Provide the Services: In order to provide the Services, we may collect your name, user ID, employer name, and your work email address. We may obtain this information directly from you or from your employer, where they are a customer of ours or are otherwise a corporate user of the Service. We use this information to register you as a user and to provide access to the Services.
Depending on the type of Services you are using, we may collect and use Personal Information of your customers when they contact your customer agents through your contact center. Such information may include their name and other information related to their request for assistance. This information may be collected in order to enable your customer agents to provide faster and more efficient support to your customers. If the Services you have purchased require us to collect and use such Personal Information, we will ensure such Personal Information is retained in accordance with our retention policy set out below under Safeguards and Retention. Further, we will not use any Personal Information collected from your customers other than to provide the Services.
- Support Services: We may collect certain information from you (such as name, email address, your phone number, and query) when we provide user support services by phone, email, or within the Platform.
- Use of the Services: We may monitor use of the Services by our customers’ personnel or other authorized users in order to detect, investigate, or prevent any actual or potential violation of our terms and conditions. This information is automatically collected from you when you use the Services. We may also collect diagnostic and performance metrics, such as clickstream data (e.g. task start time, task completion time, email drafting content) from our customers’ personnel based on our customers’ specific needs. We only collect this data where instructed by our customers, for their own purposes.
We may also generate aggregated, non-identifiable data and use such information to monitor and improve the Services.
We require our customers to ensure that they have obtained all authority to provide Personal Information to us in accordance with applicable privacy laws and to not provide us with any sensitive Personal Information. Except as set out herein, we do not collect or use Personal Information from our customers for any purpose other than to provide Services on behalf of our customers.
How we collect and use personal information through our Website and in our other interactions with you
We may collect Personal Information when you:
- Sign up to Receive Marketing Communications
- Are in a Target / Custom Audience
- Apply for Job
- Provide us with Feedback & Reviews
- Enter Contests or Participate in Promotions
- Participate in our Surveys
- Contact Us With a Comment, Question, or Complaint
- Non-Identifiable Information
Sign up to Receive Marketing Communications:
If you sign up to receive email marketing communications such as newsletters, we collect your email address as well as other information on an optional basis to send you information about our Services, offers and events and help us tailor our communications to you. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving email marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or account-related communications from us.
Are in a Target / Custom Audience
We may use services provided by third-party platforms (such as social media and other websites) to serve targeted advertisements on such platforms to you or others, and we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider for such purposes. To change your preferences for such communications, please send a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
Apply for Job
If you apply for a job at Laivly, you may provide us with certain Personal Information (PI) / Personal Identifiable Information (PII) about yourself, such as information contained in a resume/CV, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We may also collect Personal Information (PI) / Personal Identifiable Information (PII) from third-party social networking websites including but not limited to your LinkedIn profile, blog, website, or similar portfolio. We may use this information when considering and responding to your application and assessing your suitability for current and future career opportunities.
Provide us with Feedback & Reviews
We may collect and use customer feedback and/or reviews about our Services to better understand our customers and enhance our product and service offerings. With your consent, we may publish your feedback and/or reviews on our Website or other promotional materials.
Enter Contests or Participate in Promotions
When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, and any additional information or content required for the contest or promotion, including to deliver a prize to you, or that you otherwise provide, including your social media handle, profile picture, and public posts or comments you make about our contest on social media networks. We use this information to administer the contest or promotion. As part of a contest or promotion, we may also share or otherwise publish the content you submit.
Participate in our Surveys
From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys. The information obtained through our surveys is used in an aggregated, de-identified form. We use this information to help us understand our users and to enhance our Website.
Contact Us With a Comment, Question, or Complaint
When you contact us with a comment, question, or complaint through email, telephone, or the Contact Us form on our Website, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, email address, and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
We may modify or aggregate your personal information such that it cannot reasonably be associated with you, for the following purposes:
- (i) to protect your privacy and the security of your personal information; and
- (ii) to conduct research and/or analytics with the goal of improving our Services and the client experience and developing new offerings.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below or as required or permitted by law.
- Service Providers: Your Personal Information will be transferred (or otherwise made available) to certain third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the Website, hosting Laivly’s Platform and providing analytics and advertising and marketing services. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose Personal Information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada, or other foreign jurisdictions. We and our service providers may access, store and otherwise process Personal Information outside of Canada or the province in which you reside (which may include transfer outside of Quebec for Quebec residents), including in the U.S., or other foreign jurisdictions, where our service providers are located. Our list of trusted service providers (also known as sub-processors) is available upon written request; please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal and Compliance: We and our Canadian, U.S., and other foreign service providers may provide your Personal Information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing, or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S., or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement, or other government authorities. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property. Where a disclosure of our customers’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so) and fully cooperate with our customer’s instructions with respect to our response.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition, or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Laivly or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
- Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system, and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called "cookies". A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Website features.
- Analytics: We may also use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Website (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms, and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the Website. For more information or to opt out using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, see “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services” and “Privacy controls in Google Analytics”.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the Personal Information in our custody and control against theft, loss, and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. We restrict access to Personal Information on a need-to-know basis to personnel and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our custody or control. You may also withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information (subject to legal and contractual restrictions). You may withdraw your consent or request access, updating, and corrections of inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain Personal Information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her Personal Information records.